Reservation Center: 1.800.710.CAMP (2267) | www.campsd.com
Reservations can be made by calling the reservation center at 1.800.710.CAMP (2267) or online at www.campsd.com. Several sites may be reserved with a single call, but payment of all fees for all sites is required before a confirmation is made. If using any payment method other than a credit card, reservations must be made a minimum of 10 days in advance.
Individual sites become available both online and through the call center at 7 a.m. CT on the first day of the 90-day window. After the 90-day window has opened, online reservations can be made 24 hours a day.
Call Center Hours
January 2 - February 17: 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. (CT)
February 18 - May 17: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CT)
May 18 - September 3: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. (CT)
September 4 - December 31: 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. (CT)
The call center is closed on New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
There is a $7.70 per site non-refundable reservation fee (not applicable to South Dakota residents). If two camping units share a designated double-up site, each unit must pay the camping fee. A camping unit is a powered vehicle, motor home, camping bus, pull-type camper, tent or any other device designed for sleeping. Additional tents for a family (parents or grandparents and their unmarried minor children) are considered a single camping unit. The double-up fee is paid upon arrival to the park.
Camping fees must be paid when reservations are made. Credit card, money order, personal checks or gift cards (call center only) are accepted. Only one payment is accepted for multiple-site reservations. Non-credit card payments must be received within ten days of making a reservation. Send payments to:
SD Park Reservations
523 E. Capitol Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501
Fall / Winter Reservations
From September 4 - October 8, 2012, reservations for campsites, cabins and lodges can be made until noon (CT) on the day you arrive.
From October 9, 2012 - May 1, 2013, reservations for cabins and lodges can be made until noon (CT) the day before arrival. Reservations must be made by noon (CT) on Thursday for a Friday, Saturday or Sunday arrival.
Campsites & Picnic Shelters
Campsite and picnic shelter reservations are accepted within 90 days of your arrival. Reservations can be made for arrival dates between May 18 through September 3, 2012 .
Unoccupied Reserved Sites
Campers who have made a reservation are permitted to arrive at any time during their reservation. This may result in some sites remaining empty for a period of time. The park is obligated to hold a reserved site until a cancellation is made. We thank you for your understanding when you see unoccupied reserved sites.
Same Day Reservations
A same day reservation is similar to first-come, first-served camping, but it allows campers to call or go online to instantly know if they have a campsite, saving them a trip to the park.
- Open sites can be reserved beginning at 7 a.m. CT on the day of arrival by calling 1.800.710.2267 or online.
- A same day reservation can be made for a maximum 14-night stay.
- Campers are required to place their camping unit on, and to occupy their campsite by 10 p.m. of the first night of their reserved stay. If they fail to do so, they will be charged one night's camping fee and forfeit the remainder of their reservation.
- A camper who wishes to extend their stay (for up to a 14-night maximum stay) on a same day reservation site must call the reservation center before 9 p.m. CT on the day prior to departure, or they will have to compete for their site with other campers the following morning at 7 a.m. CT.
- Checkout is 4 p.m. CT for campsites at Lewis and Clark and noon (MT) for campsites at Custer State Park.
- A three-night stay is required for holiday weekends (Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day)
Cancelling a Reservation
Entire reservations can also be cancelled online, but other changes must be made by calling the reservation center. Reservations are now accepted until noon or 9 p.m. (CT) the day of arrival, depending on the park
A cancellation fee equal to one night's camping will be charged for each campsite reserved if you cancel your reservation, either through the reservation center or after arriving at the park. The following cancellation fees apply:
- Campsite: One night's camping
- Camping cabin: $25
- Lodge: 30 or more days in advance: $25; less than 30 days in advance, $25 per night
- Large Groups: One night's stay for each campsite cancelled.
People who try to beat the 90-day window by making their reservations for days earlier than they plan to arrive and then cancel those earlier days at a later time, will lose their entire reservation and be charged the cancellation fee when they cancel days at the front end of their reservation. This policy does not apply to lodges or to Custer State Park.